Trend: G R U N G E

Hey Hey!



Welcome June! I have taken some time out to study the numerous styles and trends , this week I felt 'Grunge-like'. For some of us south of the Equator are dealing with cold weather, which tends to bring out those warm colours thus the inspiration for this post.

Let us breakdown what Grunge is first, Urban Dictionary describes it as : a style that is epitomized by bands like Nirvana, which flirts with the ideas of rock and punk. The opposite of 'conformist'.

So I got to work on Pinterest ( probably one of my favourite apps to use right now) and created a Board for this post.

follow it at :https://www.pinterest.com/Zidza/g-r-u-n-g-e-e-d-g-y/
As I searched through the numerous pictures presented, I could not help but Charli XCX. She pulls of the grunge look whenever she is not on stage.
 I will try give you the key ingredients to building a wardrobe of this statement look.

C H O K E R

Dr. M A R T E N S



H A T S

The Last and Very Important Ingredient
F L A N N E L
This print is EVERYTHING in Grunge,breaks the black and can tend to be quite edgy.

 I hope that you are more open-minded about this style because it could a great conversation starter.


Enjoy throwing on some clothes, have fun with this.

Z.

Comments

Popular Posts