F E A R

Hey Hey!

Twenty years ago on this exact date, I was born and to be honest, I never saw my myself in my current position( I do not think anyone does) . I have a lot of mantra's; quotes and scripture that I love. My number one could possible be : " One Step At A Time". Whether you are top of the world or the world just seems to have a hold on you- this saying will get you out of bed and will lead you to success.



However awesome that saying is, it has nothing to do with my topic. For a long time, I chose to be a be a victim of Fear. Fear is defined as " is an emotion induced by a threat perceived by living entities, which causes a change in brain and organ function and ultimately a change in behavior, such as running away, hiding or freezing from traumatic events. Fear may occur in response to a specific stimulus happening in the present, or to a future situation, which is perceived as risk to health or life, status, power, security, or, in the case of humans, wealth or anything held valuable" by wikipedia.org.


  I remember wanting to start a blog when I was 16/17 years old but FEAR stopped me because I was scared to put myself out there to be judged. A massive part of me lives in regret that I did not start 'Rules of Carpe Diem" journey many moons ago because I have gotten more opportunities and met a lot more people by just seizing the moment than putting myself down to give others a moment to sparkle. 



Every life-changing choice starts with some tragic story of how the person hit rock bottom first. For me, it was more like what Oprah describe's as an " Ahh-Ha" moment. I had seen Raheem Sterling , Liverpool Footballer , be the youngest English Footballer in his team at the World Cup and then Kendall Jenner became he youngest to be on the cover of Vogue - you know what they had in common? They were 19! I sat there and thought, I am 19! what am I doing to get to where I want to be? The answer was : NOTHING! this hurt but then I had to ask, Why ? then I understood, it was FEAR!


When I understood this, I started to research all that I could to overcome it. I watched videos and read scripture. 

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 27:1

6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

Psalm 118:6 

7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.  

2 Timothy 1:7  




Recently, I joined Sleek Model Management for a photo shoot. It was so much FUN! I am not supermodel size but I am ME!







 Remember to Seize The Day
Z. 

Comments

  1. Great post. I'm glad you found the confidence to now share your blog. Fear is a liar!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts