Building Blocks of Resilience

Hey Hey!

My 2015 did not exactly start the way I wanted or expected it to. However, due to my rough start I can say that I am building resilience and learning more about myself. I picked a face of resilience, that would have to be: Taylor Swift. 


Wells I chose her because when Life hands her lemons, she creates a new smash hit. She is malleable to change and does not let the media's opinion derail her.

Back to the tips for Resilience.

1. Wait For What's Right

I do not know about you but I react badly to surprise situations. So whenever I have a chance to pause a situation, I will because then my actions will align with the certain event. So give yourself time!

2. Dont Feel Sorry For Yourself

As My Mom would say, 'Don't Play Victim!'. Sometimes we fall into this trap where a series of bad things happen and you want everybody to know you trials and to you want them to feel sorry for you. However, when you start to get into this rhythm you waste all your mental energy on negative emotions.

3. Keep Going

As I say to myself, 'Wake up because today might be better than yesterday'. See the thing is, if you quit at whatever it is you are trying to achieve - YOU WILL REGRET IT and will use more mental energy on the negatives. Plus, if you quit- you will definitely not bounce back.

4. Get Some Perspective

AKA My days spent at the beach staring into oblivion. Sometimes things happen for you, not to you. It may be a blessing in disguise. When you realize this, setbacks will not take such a toll on you. 

5. Dont Give Away Your Power

This is something I am very guilty off. What this is,is giving someone the power to determine your self worth, this leads to helplessness and you will not be able to be 'the star in your own life'. When you stop giving a care, you will become unsinkable!



6. Let Go of Having ALL The Answers Right Now

This goes with Tip #1. Sometimes it is okay NOT to have the answers now. Life is a journey after all, so the lesson will come when it needs to be known- when you are ready.

7. Dont Shy Away From Change

There is no such thing as a perfect time to do what you've always wanted to do. If you wait for that "one day" moment and live a mundane life till then. You will often find that you do not like your life because you are not living a full life.

8. Dont Dwell in The Past

The Past always seems like the perfect place to stay because you are comfortable with it. However there is that popular saying, "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone". So move on, this is the only way to enjoy life to full capacity.


9. Dont Let Rejection Get You

Rejection often knocks our self-esteem and confidence making it harder to make a comeback. Rejection often steals your joy and I want you lovies to be the happiest souls.

10. Dont Be Afraid To Spend Time Alone

This was an actual fear that I had when I got to university, simply because I was scared of my thoughts. However, due to an imense healthy amount of time alone, one can build self-resilience and self-knowledge (the journey is FUN,believe me!). These can truly help you reinvent yourself.

11. Laugh it off

I LOVE this tip because I truly do it every day of the year without fail because I surround myself with funny friends and watch tons of comedies. Sometimes, do not take life so seriously and laugh at things- it is the fastest way to get over things.

12. Dont Try Please Everyone 

" Most of us assume that people-pleasing proves we're generous but it isnt always a selfless act. Its actually self-centred. It assumes that everyone cares about your every move. This can mean you do not have the independence it may take to make the hanges and decisions that rising from the ashes may require"

13. Remember: The Worst Probably Wont Happen

Have you noticed that you think about the most disastrous thing that could happen and turns out that it was NOTHING like that. Yeah well, this is simply the key to happiness. If you spent less time thinking about this, you could probably achieve something.

I say Lets  Get Resilience. 



xxx

Z.

Comments

Popular Posts