Self Love= Best Love!

Hey Hey!

The 14th of February is Valentine's Day. We are all aware of this, Thanks to Marketing Directors everywhere, however we put a massive emphasize on finding a significant other or being showered with gifts from 'secret' admirers etc. We eventually forget that We need to love ourselves first in order to meet or to be interesting to other people. I know! I know! We hear this quite often BUT How many of us still have confidence issues? I know I still do, some days! Recently, I remembered how it felt to do things for yourself and actually achieve something. I posted my 'Rules of Reflection' and mentioned a few things I was doing to build confidence. Today, I am just going to give tips for You and Myself to follow then I can post my progress and You, My Beautiful Reader, can tweet or inbox me your progress. 


1) Do Not Be So Hard On Yourself

Today, I watched a video; I tend to watch a lot of things- I call 'Research'; by Shirley B Eniang. It is a basic Haul + Lookbook Video. However, She mentions that she got this gorgeous necklace from her friends and on the tag it has the quote. This quote said, " A Happy Life Is Not Built Upon The Goal of Perfection but BALANCE". Which resonated with Shirley( and Me) therefore got her to talk more about her imperfection etc. Therefore, it got me thinking that Life is hard already, ask anyone, thus there is no need for us to be hard on ourselves. Also, our imperfections make us the unique artworks that we are.



Here is the Shirley B Eniang Vid, I made reference to
at 12:14 minutes, she shows the quote.

2)  Have A Life

Yes, someone of us merely exist on the planet. It may sound harsh but most people are interested in the things you have experienced or currently pursuing etc. I suggest joining societies, sports or clubs because you will only find out your talents by testing them. In addition, the more you grow in life, the more your interests evolve and expand. When you do not do much and tend to exist, you will find yourself on the sidelines of your friend's success or you will end up marinating in your thoughts and that could lead to depression. When you have a life, you meet more people; when you meet these people, you have more to talk about. Lets give that a shot! In Maya Washington's also known as Shameless Maya's words, "Shamelessly Promote Yourself"!



Here is a couple of Shameless Maya Video's that talk about Promoting Yourself:



3) Have Goals

Pretty much self-explanatory. I basically have goals for every aspect of my life and I find inspiration from all sort of people. If you know me, Shameless Maya has a major impact on me because she talks about fear and confidence,which I am dealing with right now. Through this blog, you will see me to reach my goals. 




The Video that inspired this was "Black Actress", created by Andrea Lewis featuring Aisha Hinds. It is a YouTube series,with a new episode on Thursday evenings.


Even though it speaks about Black Women, I do believe that it is applicable with anyone who feels like an outsider because of a certain feature you possess. Let us watch this series and tweet about it #BlackActress.


Twitter:@ms_zeedza

Zee

Comments

  1. Loved this post. We are our worst critic but the key to our confidence and our happiness lies within us, if we have the courage to confront these voices of doubt. We have to change the negative dialogue in our heads by leading with what is truly in our hearts.

    Zidza, I applaud your goal setting! Don't be too hard on yourself if you overlook a few at first. Sometimes life gets in the way and we need time to create new habits. Just keep getting back at it, and eventually you will end up exactly where you need to be.

    Lisa | THINK LIKE A BOSS LADY

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts