Quarter Life Celebration

 Hey Beautiful People!

It has been a minute! I have probably imagined this moment like thousand times but was too embarrassed to actually got through with it. The reason being is that  at some point I genuinely believed that I did not have a single thing to say (which is not true!). 

I am basically going to use this post to quickly encapsulate what was stirring up inside me for the last four years into one post. This is slightly hard for me because it requires a bit of vulnerability. 

First off some of you may be wondering about the person I spoke of in my previous post, Queenin' in our Katwe's, well they have been in remission since - I will forever be grateful for that. 

I had a couple of brushes with depression through the 2017 'til about early 2019 ( a few moments in 2020 but they weren't as intense). Due to several distractions, I had failed a couple of modules at university which extended my program; then experienced that state after you graduate and you ask "What Now?" which can described as the Quarter Life Crisis and at the time, I was heavily comparing myself to many of my age mates who were hitting milestones (whether that was marriage; graduation or entering the job market) - things I thought I was no where near achieving. Even my first job after university (not a corporate job- very much retail ) was not fulfilling at all and had me the lowest I had ever been. At this point, a therapist had suggested that I should go on anti-depressants (I refused them). 

That session and suggestion became the 'wake up' call I needed. I started to assess what was I was consuming; what used to make me happy and what I needed to quit. So I quit my job; applied to start a new qualification - something more my speed and found a Pastor I enjoyed watching on YouTube.  ( oh I definitely deleted Instagram for a while). 

2019 was a crazy amazing year! I got into the program I had applied to - mind you, none of my family or friends knew I had applied; I graduated in April from my first qualification. In November, I got baptized! December of 2019, I went back home - Malawi. It was an amazing trip. I saw some family I had not seen in like 12 years. I would've stayed longer but I'm glad I came home before the the whole global pandemic. 

In 2020, I survived and joined TikTok (one of my new love languages is sending TikTok video's - maybe you guys will get one from me in the near future). 

The point of the re-cap was to show that :

1) My way of narrating may have changed (hopefully it is better). 

2) God has truly been there for me, I can no longer call it 'coincidence', thus if my blogs have a little Christian or religious spin on them. As Elsa Majimbo would say, "It's not by mistake - IT'S NOT!". 

3) Your darkest moments can be the catalyst for some amazing things. 


So here is a little photo dump: 




My Mom actually made my graduation dress.  









The day I got Baptized. 

These folks ( and many more not shown here) have truly blessed my life. 

xoxo
(obviously social distancing regulations observed here, lol)

Comments

Popular Posts