Love is a Language

 Hi Beautiful People!


I hope you had a good  Quarantined Valentine's Day. I wanted to write a post prior to the day but I found it hard to say something. I was well aware of the immense amount of loss; isolation and "suckiness" that a 'forced day of love' could present. 

Firstly, I would like to say I am sorry if you have lost someone(or people) or lost something internally - a day or month that revolves around the theme of love could bring this to the surface thus, Valentine's day was more of a healing day or day of mourning for you. If this was the case, my heart goes out to you. 

If you were in isolation,  I hope you spent it either resting and doing the enjoyable things. However, if you were with loved ones - I hope there was a lot of laughs, hugs and great food (I'm such a foodie so I can't help it). 

 



I do not think that what I am about to mention next is ground-breaking. However, maybe you needed the reminder. I just would like to know if you have ever heard of Love Languages? Love Languages are manners that romantic partners express and experience love. While reading "The 5 Love Languages Single Edition", I realized that it does not just refer to romantic relationships but our various relationships (even the one we have with ourselves). 

My main love language is Quality Time - prior to the pandemic I went on solo cinema dates because I did not have to compromise on my choices from the movie to the snacks . During the pandemic, I have had to amp it up a couple notches (in terms of how often I express love towards myself) because - isolation. In lockdown, it can tend to be lonely or overwhelming. Therefore I have added these activities: 

  • Take walks in the evening while I listen to music or a podcast. I am blessed to stay in a gated community so this is possible and I get to be safe. The air + my music tends to calm me down (plus get to add a couple steps!)
  • I play Sims 4. This is escapism and it is amazing. 
  • I'll paint or draw - I am so focused on the various part of the piece I forgot a couple things in my life that are stressing me out
  • I exercise - I use the app, "FitOn" cause I just wanted to log into an app then find a variety of workouts that I can do home. They also have short workout - yes, I have done 10mins workouts. Plus I get to say, " I have worked out with Gab Union" cause she has a few HIIT video's on the app. 
The point is that sometimes we let so many things overshadow time with ourselves or we spend so much time clearing out 'fires' instead of spending 10 minutes on a little love/kindness for ourselves. I know how others have made self-love look but I must submit that we have to alter it to match our lifestyles. Also, I can tell you that self-love can also be a slightly ghetto street to go down like many avenues in Adult hood. However, it is relevant especially when the world is in the state that it is in and a lot more is required of you mentally as well as emotionally. 

If you want to figure out your love language so that you can love on yourself, here: Love Language Test

You are amazing, I hope you know that. 

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts